Learn and Grow
We all learn and grow on our own, but something special happens when a disparate group of people get together to learn and grow together. Imaginations stretch. New ways of seeing open up. Unexpected insights flash. Hope or empathy or the possibility of faith are born where none had seemed possible before.
Blue Ridge is many things, and one of those things is a community of people who are attempting to learn and grow in faith together.
Our Christian Education Program meets people where they are; single and married, un-churched, de-churched and over-churched, skeptics and mystics, lifelong Presbyterians and the happily unaffiliated, toddlers and teens and senior adults. We aim to provide each person with the tools they need to begin and to deepen a life of faith.
Christian Education: Fall 2014 Great things are happening in Christian Education!
For the youth of our church:youth:
We will be offering a brand new 4 year old class as well as child care during the Sunday School Session.
- We have a new curriculum for Pre-K to 5th graders called the Sparkhouse Whirl. The Whirl features lovable cartoon characters in short video segments that tie together Bible stories with questions and challenges today’s youth might feel while living out their faith. It comes with a youth centered Bible and both Sunday school and family activities.
- For our middle and high school youth, we will be reading The Story- Teen Edition. The teen edition comes with stop-motion videos of the stories from the Bible, student handouts that explore the story and a reader’s theatre story script. Just like The Story for adults, The Story- Teen Edition is a chronological Bible that reads like a novel, or in this case, a play.
For the adults:
- We will be using The Story- Adult Edition. The Story is an abridged, chronological Bible that reads like a novel. There are no verse references, and Scripture segments are seamlessly woven together with transition text into a single grand narrative. For those intimidated or overwhelmed by the unabridged Bible, The Story helps people understand God’s Word more fully and engage with it more easily.
- The Story comes with a short video segment, a note-taking section, discussion questions, a prayer segment, and suggested activities.
- For those who want even more, there are companion books available.